Re: [squid-users] How to install squid with ldap

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 23:47:30 +0200

tor 2006-08-10 klockan 17:55 -0300 skrev Alejandro Decchi:
> /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth and i had this error
> /usr/local/squid/libexec/squid_ldap_auth: error while loading shared
> libraries: libldap-2.3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
> then i try did this:
>
> /usr/local/squid/sbin/squid -NCd1 me dice lo sgte :
> warning: ntlmauthenticator #1 (FD 5) exited
> warning: ntlmauthenticator #2 (FD 6) exited
> warning: ntlmauthenticator #3 (FD 7) exited
> too few ntlmauthenticator processes are running
> Fatal: the ntlmauthenticator helpers are crashing too rapidly need help

Both these indicates your system is quite fucked up..

The libldap-2.3.so.0 error message indicates squid_ldap_auth is not
compiled for your system, or that you are missing the OpenLDAP
libraries.

The ntlm error may be some similar error for ntlm_auth, don't know. The
real error is most likely found a few lines up in the log as all this
message says is that Squid discovered that the helper had crashed.. See
cache.log for any error messages from the helper.