Re: [squid-users] Caching pages based on cookies

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:10:03 +0200

fre 2006-08-11 klockan 11:06 -0600 skrev Mark Gibson:
> Is there any way to have squid cache pages differently based on a cookie?
>
> I know I can put 'Cookie' in the vary header, but this would cache based
> on all cookies in a user's browser. I'm interested in caching based on
> a single cookie.

Unfortunately the HTTP specs does not specify a mechanism for doing
this.

But you can get reasonably close if you support the ETag header and
If-None-Match conditional header. This allows the cache to use
conditional requests to map new request headers to existing cached
objects.

But if this is an accelerator setups then other options is available.
Contact me privately to discuss the matter in such case.