Re: [squid-users] Squid -2.6 with Tproxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 14:01:23 +0200

sön 2006-08-13 klockan 01:38 +0100 skrev Sunil K.P.:
> Hi Tino,
>
> The IPtables have been implemented by default with FC and there is no
> directory for the source of iptables.

You have to install the iptables source RPM to get the iptables sources
used by FC, just as you have to install the kernel source RPM to get the
kernel sources they use..

> Can you give me the step by step procedure so that I can try?

Find the corresponding source RPMs for the packages you need to modify
(kernel and iptables). The source RPMs is found in the distribution
directory SRPMS next to where the binary RPMs for your architecture is
installed.

rpm -i iptables-xxx.src.rpm
cp patchfile /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/
edit /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/iptables.spec
to include the patch in both the SourceN: and %patchN. Also modify the
release to add someting uniquely identifying your version. Maybe even
the package name to avoid conflicts with system updates.

same thing for the kernel. Probably should do the kernel part first
btw..

Or go for the pristine sources distributed from kernel.org and
netfilter.org and ignore the packaging. Probably easier if you haven't
modified RPM packages before, but easier to run into conflicts with
overlapping system upgrades later on..