Re: [squid-users] Compile ldapdigest under FreeBSD 6.1

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:09:09 +0200

tis 2006-08-15 klockan 15:17 +0400 skrev Vladimir:

> Thanks for reply. Now I`m trying to use ldap_digest_auth:

> ValidUserName ValidUserPasswd

It's not expecting a password, only a username. See protocol description
in squid.conf comments.

> I can`t see "userPassword" attribute using ldapsearch. Maybe
> digest_ldap_auth can`t see it too.

If you can't get the attribute you need with ldapsearch then
squid_ldap_digest won't work either..

Most LDAP servers don't store plain-text passwords, and the few that
does usually needs to be configured to allow access to see the
attribute.

Iteally you would set up a attribute having the digest hash of the
password in the LDAP tree as this is less sensitive in terms of user
privacy (equivalent to the password for Digest auth use, but does not
reveal the plain text password to anyone who somehow got access to the
LDAP data..)