Re: [squid-users] SSO for Win2k and Linux Clients using LDAP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 22:24:06 +0200

ons 2006-08-16 klockan 17:33 +0200 skrev Alexander Schaber:

> Now how can I configure Squid in order to not ask again (after already
> logging onto the machine) for user/pass but still have a user based logging.

For Windows clients see the Winbind chapter in the FAQ.

For the SuSe clients I am afraid it's not possible as the login
management in SuSe or most other UNIX like systems does not have SSO
capabilities in the same manner. SSO using the system account is heavily
dependent on OS infrastructure having SSO support, combined with using
clients capable of making use of said OS infrastructure.