Re: [squid-users] Help with redirection

From: Adam O'Neill <aoneill@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 15:41:06 -0400

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>On Fri, 2006-08-18 at 12:08 -0400, Adam O'Neill wrote:
>

>>(installed on FreeBSD 6.0 from ports) squidGuard.log doesn't show
>>anything, it is literally empty.
>>

>Check your cache.log for any errors from squidguard. Most likely there
>is a permissions problem denying SquidGuard access to something it
>needs. SquidGuard automatically enters passthru mode if there is
>problems with it's configuration..
>
>Regards
>Henrik

Well, I found errors in my cache.log related to, as you said,
permissions problems. Giving squidGuard access to the files in its
/db/squidGuard directory and /log/squidGuard.log caused those errors to
stop appearing in cache.log, but it is still the case that squidGuard is
not redirecting any traffic. Is there something I would have to do in
squid.conf other than specifying that squidGuard is the redirection program?