Re: [squid-users] bandwidth limitization

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 14:11:21 -0800

kashif Mazhar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to limitized (means restrict upto 10MB) my some
> of selected users from download in squid.In such a way that few users
> cannot download more than 10MB, coz it's mest up when they use to
> download heavy movies. kindly guide
>
> i am using squid 2.4
> Regards,
The currently supported version of Squid is 2.6STABLE2 (or is it
2.6STABLE3?). I could guide you towards (roughly) performing this task
in Squid 2.5 (set the reply_body_max_size, and have a program to monitor
the logs to add ACLs when people exceed the limit). I'm not sure how
much help you will find for such an old version... In any case, Squid
does not have a native "quota" function.

Chris