Re: [squid-users] squid acceleration for more than 1 ip ...

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 13:00:59 +0200

mån 2006-08-21 klockan 10:45 +0430 skrev nima sadeghian:
> Dear Friends
> hi, can squid in acceleration mode use for accelerate for more than
> one ip?

Yes, but it's easier if you think of it in terms of domains rather than
IPs. Or do you really need to support old clients not sending Host
headers?

> I have one server in my lan that squid accelerate request from
> web to it, now can I assign another server in my lan to this squid? or
> I have to setup another squid.

A single Squid can handle as many public IP addresses you like, each
with as many domains you like, and connected to as many backend web
servers you like, varied in any combination..