Re: [squid-users] need some information

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 12:16:06 -0800

squid learner wrote:
> as
> using
> 4 isp with proxy
> with round robin peer
>
> it is working good with weight=1
>
> but now i have to add one isp with out proxy so how i
> configure to that isp ---- --- ----- ------
> with
> never_direct

If I'm reading this correctly, you have a total of five upstream ISPs,
four of which have proxies one of which does not, and you are looking to
distribute your traffic through all five?

Assuming this is correct, I would set up a second proxy server locally
that only uses the fifth ISP for Internet access. Use it in the same
manner as the four ISP maintained proxies (cache_peer proxy5.example.com
parent 3128 3130 round-robin).

For what it's worth, the weight option does nothing for round-robin
groups, and never_direct will not help you in this situation.

Chris