Re: [squid-users] almost there , just a little help needed

From: Visolve Squid <squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:26:08 +0530

S t i n g r a y wrote:

>Well thanks to all the help you guys provided i have enabled for the first time OpenBSD + squid+ squidguard on my network, internet seems to work very fast now .
>thank you
>
>now i want to know how to block only specific ips "specified in a file" to download .exe & mp3 files from internet according to my limited knowledge i have made this config , but its not working , can you please tell me whats wrong ? & how should i put it ?
>
>Expression file
>
>\.(ra?m|mpe?g?|mov|movie|qt|avi|dif|dvd?|exe|mp3)($|\?)

Hello Stingray,

You can block the downloands for specificied IP's by using the following acl setting in squid configuration file(squid.conf).

acl restricted_IPs src "/usr/local/ip_list_file"
acl restricted_dwnlds urlpath_regex [i] \.mp3$ \.exe$
http_access deny restricted_dwnlds restricted_IPs

Thanks,
Visolve Squid Team
http://www.visolve.com/squid/