Re: [squid-users] How to compile Squid 3.0 for Windows?

From: Guido Serassio <guido.serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 09:46:52 +0200

Hi,

At 03.10 26/08/2006, fulan Peng wrote:

>Hi,
>I am looking Squid on Windows with SSL and accelorator. I tried all
>2.6 binaries and all of them have an error of "no OPENSSL_Applink
>error". I did not try the 2.5 version.

What about to immediately point out this to me ?

Do you have the correct version of OpenSSL DLL on your Windows machine ?
They are provided in the system32 folder of the binary distribution.

>I tried to compile 2.6 and 3.0 all reversions on msys-mingw, and all
>of them have a compiling error. The following is the error message
>and the C source code.
>I have already done the same thing on FreeBSD and Linux without any error.
>I do not know why. Thanks.

"Regular" Squid 2.6 and 3.0 cannot be compiled with MinGW, you should
use Cygwin instead.
MinGW and Visual Studio support is available in the nt CVS Windows
native branch on Sourgeforge. You can found a daily source snapshot
on the same site where you have downloaded the binaries.

Regards

Guido

-
Guido Serassio
Acme Consulting S.r.l. - Microsoft Certified Partner
Via Lucia Savarino, 1 10098 - Rivoli (TO) - ITALY
Tel. : +39.011.9530135 Fax. : +39.011.9781115
Email: guido.serassio@acmeconsulting.it
WWW: http://www.acmeconsulting.it/