Re: [squid-users] acl for file size

From: Mehdi Sarmadi <msarmadi@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 17:36:32 +0330

  No. Actually there is no such straight thing to tell squid, prevent
some IP's from downloading bigger than X byte size files. Squid cannot
realize how much big is size of a reply. You could realize size of the
reply from header of server's reply using rep_header ACL's ;Maybe
"Content-Length" or "Range".
  -- Please correct me if I'm wrong

  For preventing people from download BIG files, I prefer to put
requests for known extentions for multimedia, disk images,
executable/binary, and compressed archive into a fixed rated
delay_pool in office work-time. It have been suitable for me.

  Any other clue?

--
Mehdi Sarmadi