[squid-users] failover between two sites

From: Gavin White <white.gavin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:01:26 +0100

Hello,

I have a question about a planned squid installation, and I wondered
if any list users would be able to point me in the right direction.

I have two office sites, each with their own fast Internet connection.
There is a slow WAN link between the two sites. I intend to install a
single squid box at each location, and configure routing on each squid
box to use its local Internet connection for outbound requests. I will
configure the clients at each site to use their local squid box as a
proxy.

What I would like is to have some kind of failover between the two
squids, so that if the Internet connection at one site fails, the
squid box will start to use the other site's squid box as a proxy.

Is there a recommended way to do this? Can anyone suggest an approach?

Thanks,

Gavin