[squid-users] Using different Authentication types based on users

From: Reeves, Greg <Greg.Reeves@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 12:47:04 -0500

Is there a way that I can use Basic Authentication for one user group and NTLM Authentication for another user group?  I have some computers that have generic logins and I want the users of these machines to have to authenticate with their Windows username when they access the internet.  I also have some computers that the users login to with there Windows username.  On these machines, I don't want them to be prompted for their username.  Right now, I have it setup to where Squid uses NTLM authentication for everything and it is working fine.  The only problem is, when users access the internet from the generic login pc's, I don't know which user is using the internet because it logs the generic account.  If I turn off NTLM and use Basic, it prompts everyone for their credentials and I don't want this.  I only want to use Basic on the generic login pc's.

Thanks,

Greg