Re: [squid-users] delivering stale content while fetching fresh

From: Gregor Reich <greich@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:37:31 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom schrieb:
> tor 2006-08-31 klockan 16:14 +0200 skrev Gregor Reich:
>

>> But is there a possibility to have squid responding - to a client that
>> request a document that is (in some way) expired - with the stale
>> document while - at the same time fetching the new one and storing it to
>> cache: ready to deliver to the next requesting client.
>>

> Kind of. See the collapsed_forwarding and refresh_stale_hit options.
Thank you for the hint; I searched the archives, googled and searched
squid.conf (Squid3) but I didn't found any description of these options
(what do they do, how to configure, possible pitfalls and so on). Can
anyone -possibly Hendrik - give me a hint where to look? (In the source
code of course; but I'm not really able to do so...)

Thanks, Gregor.

--
Jud Grafik+Internet
Grynaustrasse 21