[squid-users] Authentication problem

From: Strandell, Ralf <Ralf.Strandell@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:42:48 +0300

Hi

I try to access a page that requires a username and a password. The page
is hosted on IIS.

1) If I bypass Squid completely, I get through (after the XP
authentication dialog).

2) If I use Squid, I am asked for the username and password three times
(auth dialog by web browser) and then I get "HTTP Error 401.1 -
Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials". Each of
these three attempts generates a TCP_MISS/401 in access.log.

3) I then logged in to the proxy server and used "lynx
-auth=user:password www.domain.com"
Messages from Lynx:
Alert!: Invalid header 'WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate'
Alert!: Invalid header 'WWW-Authenticate: NTLM'
401.2 Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration.

Any ideas how to solve this?