[squid-users] use squid for just images

From: Nick Duda <nduda@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:58:44 -0400

I've read about the issues with NTLM passthrough on squid. Is there any
way a client can be configured to use squid for its cached content (like
images) but go directly to a server for NTLM (nt auth)?

The scenario is that one of our branch offices has a squid cache. They
have dedicated private line circuits to the corporate office only. In
the corporate office they get internet access. All clients in the branch
office use squid as the proxy for internet traffic, but have exclusions
in the browse to not use squid for local traffic and specific servers.
We require that they use the proxy to access an internal server that is
located in our corporate office, but this server requires NT
authentication when accessing its web page.

I understand squid has an issue with this, as I've tried to get this to
work once and was even told by some of you very smart people that i was
beating a dead horse because Microsoft cant write ntml properly :) Can
squid be configured in a way that serves up images and such from this
server but does the nt auth not going through squid?

Do anyone even follow what I'm trying to say....

Regards,
Nick

Confidentiality note
The information in this email and any attachment may contain confidential and proprietary information of VistaPrint and/or its affiliates and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited and may cause liability. In case you have received this message due to an error in transmission, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email and any attachment from your system.