[squid-users] Re: disk cache not used

From: Mark Gibson <mark@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 08:58:22 -0600

Joost de Heer wrote:
> Mark Gibson wrote:
>> I've got 2 cache_dirs set up, and squid doesn't seem to want to use
>> them. Squid is Releasing objects before it should, which leads me to
>> believe that it thinks it has no more space to store objects. This
>> setup worked fine while it was just me testing, but isn't working with
>> lots of users hitting it.
>>
>> Any insights or further questions to lead to insights would be
>> appreciated.
>
> Post the config, stripped of all things irrelevant.

Here's my config. This configuration seems to work ok, but I'd like
squid to hold onto objects until they become stale, and squid is still
Releasing objects prematurely. I have enough memory and disk space, is
there a way to force squid not to Release this objects?

Thanks,
Mark
-----
http_port 80
cache_mem 1024 MB
maximum_object_size 64 KB
maximum_object_size_in_memory 4096 KB
cache_replacement_policy heap LFUDA
memory_replacement_policy heap LFUDA
cache_dir aufs /var/spool/squid 9900 64 256
log_ip_on_direct on
redirect_rewrites_host_header off
refresh_pattern ^ftp: 1440 20% 10080
refresh_pattern ^gopher: 1440 0% 1440
refresh_pattern ^http: 3 70% 10
refresh_pattern . 0 20% 4320

httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 0
httpd_accel_with_proxy on
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

strip_query_terms off

acl in_backendpool dstdomain backendpool

cache_peer 10.0.0.7 parent 6080 6030 no-digest
no-netdb-exchange round-robin
cache_peer 10.0.0.7 parent 8080 8030 no-digest
no-netdb-exchange round-robin
cache_peer_access 10.0.0.7 allow in_backendpool
cache_peer_access 10.0.0.7 deny all

never_direct allow all