Re: [squid-users] Frame Diverter and Tproxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 23:17:47 +0200

tis 2006-09-05 klockan 13:28 -0300 skrev Edinilson J. Santos:

> Compiling a new kernel I can see an option called FRAME DIVERTER.
> Do this option the same thing as tproxy? If so, how to use it with squid?

No, it's a different thing. It's related to one of the many ways Linux
can intercept traffic. Never really understood when this method is
better than the others... find it only confusing. IIRC it has something
to do with bridgeing when not having enabled the netfilter integration
or even ebtables in the bridge code.

I think this is best left alone in the dark corners it's residing in.
There is other more easily understood technologies available.