RE: [squid-users] Squid 2/3 slower than direct access

From: Greg Wilson <gwilson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:05:44 +1000

I tried to update squid from 2.5.9.1 to 2.6.3-1 using Debian's apt-get
with "testing". I had to allow it to over-ride program compatibility to
get it to install and it didn't work anyway.

I then did a remove and purge, deleted the cache files and did a
reinstall of the 2.5 version.

It's working much faster now. I don't know if it's because of the
dependencies that were upgraded (library files etc) or if there was a
problem with the original installation.

Anyway, it looks like problem solved.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,