[squid-users] webwasher ssl content scanner anyone ?

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:28:23 +0200

Hello,

several months ago we had a lengthy discussion here about the prevention
of ssl tunneling through a http proxy. The conclusion was that to avid
this type of misuse which can undermine your entire security strategy
you need to inspect the ssl content. I just sutmbled on the commercial
product "WebWasher" from Securecomputing Inc. Does anybody have
experience with this or similar products?
Can it be integrated in a linux-based squid / iptables system (there is
a linux version but no technical details)? Is there any open source
program to achieve the same thing ?

Yours,
Jakob Curdes