[squid-users] XFS on RedHat EL4?

From: Shawn Wright <swright@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 14:41:00 -0700

Is anyone successfully running the XFS filesystem on Redhat
EL4?

We have always run squid on XFS on earlier RedHat &
Mandrake releases, but are trying to deploy a new RedHat EL4
box and having some issues. It seems RedHat goes out of
their way to remove XFS support, so we compiled a custom
kernel to get it back. In the process we are finding that
Dell/Broadcom NIC drivers fail to load correctly at boot. (Dell
PE2950 server)

Sorry if this isn't really squid related, but I was hoping someone
here had experience with Redhat EL4 and XFS. I'm assuming
that XFS is still considered a superior choice for squid,
compared with EXT3?

Thanks.

Shawn Wright, I.T. Manager
Shawnigan Lake School