Re: [squid-users] Squid returns 404 for URLs with anchors

From: Ritu Raj Tiwari <rituraj.tiwari@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 12:14:11 -0700

Henrik,
Thanks for the super prompt response. I am in the process of
installing squid 2.6 and trying this out for myself. One of my
customers who uses squid reported that an earlier version of my
product written using Java JDK 1.3 did not cause any problems. After
upgrading to a newer version of my product written using JDK 5 the
product had been getting 404s when accessing HTTP URLs through squid
2.5. Network monitoring traces showed fragmentids in URLs to be one
differentiating factor.

We believe Java's HTTP client changed between JDK 1.3 and 5 to send
fragids to proxy.
I will let this group know what I find after trying this out first hand.

Once again, many thanks for the quick response.

-Raj

--
-Raj