Re: [squid-users] squid, Safari and https pages problem

From: Markus Krause <krause@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 01:02:18 +0200

Zitat von Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>:

> sön 2006-09-10 klockan 01:20 +0200 skrev Markus Krause:
>
> > we are using squid 2.5.9 on a recent debian linux box with one password for
> all
> > users. for most browsers and applications theres is no problem at all, but
> > users which are using Safari 2.x on a recent Mac OS X 10.4. are forced to
> > retype the proxy username and password on some web pages delivered via
> https,
> > not only once but several times! this occures on pages like "web.de" or
> > "https://www.editorialmanager.com/mc/".
>
> If you get a 407 from the proxy AFTER successful authentication earlier
> in the session then the browser client is almost certainly broken,
> certainly so when using Basic authentication which seem to be the case
> in your setup.
does this mean that a different type of authenticatino mechanism (digest?) would
do the trick??

> > any ideas how i can solve this (apart from using a different browser!)??
>
> File a bug report with Apple?
well, we already did that but as this bug seems to exists since several months
now i do not hope that this will get fixed soon ...

regards,
   markus

--
Markus Krause                                   email: krause@biochem.mpg.de
Mogli-Soft: Support for Mac OS X, Webmail/Horde, LDAP, RADIUS