[squid-users] Can Squid Intercept Certain Pages and Display a Warning Page Before Redirecting

From: Steven Weintraut <sweintraut@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:34:02 -0400

Hi

We have a group of users who are being very excessive with their use
of personal emails on google mail, yahoo mail etc, despite repeated
reminders to limit the amount of time they spend doing that during
the day

Rather than take the severe route of just blocking those sites, I was
trying to think of a way to use Squid as a proxy and when they visit
the login for one of those email sites that it would first display a
reminder page reminding them to limit the amount of time they spend
doing personal stuff during work hours, and then allow them to
continue on as they normally would either via a timed redirect and/or
a hyperlink they could click on

Once the warning was display we would want to turn off the warning so
that it didn't come back up everytime they went to read a message or
click on some other url during the same session

I'm at a loss how to do this, but I would imaging someone has done
something like this before, even it it's something we need to
purchase versus download?

any ideas? thanks!