[squid-users] Strange Mbuf Problem

From: Dave Raven <dave@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 09:14:12 +0200

Hi all,
        Are there any known bugs or config problems etc that might be able
to cause mbufs on a FreeBSD box to be completely utilised? This is not under
high load - its during the down time, and they are completely used within 5
minutes, whereas the cache has been running under much higher load all day.

I believe I have narrowed it down to specific traffic - a machine behind the
cache was mirroring content - getting only 206 messages (partial content).
Could this be the cause?

Thanks in advance
Dave