Re: [squid-users] [squid-users]: WARNING: Disk space over limit: 31457564 KB > 31457280 KB. How to avoid it?

From: Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:45:58 +0200

> >m?n 2006-09-18 klockan 10:31 -0700 skrev Pranav Desai:
> >> I am running some polymix-4 tests with squid 2.6-S3. Every single test
> >> I have run so far has these warning. Some FAQs and other searches
> >> suggest that this is caused by a corrupted swap.state, and the
> >> solution is to wipe out the cache dirs and rebuild the cache.

what are your cache_swap_low, cache_swap_high and maximum_object_size
settings?

On 18.09.06 16:40, Pranav Desai wrote:
> Could any of the above have any impact on the performance.

no, unless your silesystem is >90% full. UN*X filesystems behave faster if
they enough of free spave. I notices performance degradation when disk
became >90% full, currently it's around 85% which is quite ok I'd say.

> Does the LRU starts after the disk is full and can that have any impact. I
> am just thinking out loud ... will try some more tests ...

try using heap replacement policy. I use heap ldufa for disk, even heap LRU
is faster than old non-heap lru.

REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.