Re: [squid-users] IOWAIT and second disk

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:07:38 +0800

I'd suggest splitting it - one disk for AUFS (36 gig), one disk for
COSS. Don't use a filesystem w/ a 36 gig file on it. Just tell Squid
to use the raw disk device. It works really well. Just remember to
read the COSS setup example in the Wiki.

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/CyclicObjectStorageSystem

As for the COSS parameters - I'm not certain. I'd start with the default
configuration which seems sensible and run with it for a while.

Adrian