[squid-users] Re: problem of "Unable to forward this request at this time" on Squid2.6STABLE3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 13:11:35 +0200

tor 2006-09-21 klockan 16:39 +0800 skrev Fala wang:
> I read the bug of 1650 is dealed on version Squid2.6STABLE3, but I
> still got this problem. Detail error info as following:
> The following error was encountered:
>
> * Unable to forward this request at this time.

This says Squid is not allowed to go direct (never_direct, or
accelerator mode), and there is no parent proxy available.

> visible_hostname test98
> htcp_port 4827
> http_port 80 transparent vhost vport

You can not mix both transparent interception mode (transparent) and
accelerator mode (vhost / vport / defaultsite) on the same http_port.

If this is a transparently intercepting proxy then use only transparent.

It this is an web server accelerator then use only vhost and
defaultsite.

Your probably do not want vport in either configuration.

> cache_peer 192.168.0.96 parent 80 4827 htcp

> I do not set "always_direct allow all", but all request are thru
> test96. even TCP_MISS, I want all TCP_MISS request are from test98
> directly to original server.

Then .96 should be a sibling to .98, not a parent.