[squid-users] disable ntlm_auth for java

From: Hitzler, Siegfried \(Exchange\) <shitzler@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 12:02:18 -0000

Hello,

We authenticate our users over ntlm_auth. The problem is if the load a
Java-Applet which is implemented on a Secure Site (www.netbanking.at), Java
pops up a Windows and force the users to enter their username, password and
domain to load the Applet. Is there a way to disable authentication for
Java-Applets or for some sites?

Same shit on Windows Update Site. Site is searching for needing updates when
suddenly an error apears.

authentication lines in squid.conf looks something like this:

auth_param ntlm program /usr/lib/squid/ntlm_auth DOMAIN/PDC auth_param ntlm
children 10 auth_param ntlm max_challenge_lifetime 2 minutes

Would be realy greate if somebody can help me out of this problem!

Thanks and best regards

Siegfried