Re: [squid-users] Sarg account reset

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 08:54:51 +0200

Dwayne Hottinger schrieb:

>If you have 'root' access their should be a sarg.conf file. You can look there
>to see if the password is turned on.

To my best knowledge there is no password option in sarg.conf nor would
I know what effect it should have.

> In addition you should have a httpd.conf
>file somewhere that controls who can access what. It should be a line there
>dealing with .htaccess files.

OK but this is way out of squid support. We are all here to help but
without knowing which OS, Web server, Distribution etc.
it is very hard to give help that is of any use. Even if you find the
.htaccess file you know what to put in there, how to generate passwords
and users etc pp.
This is all OS and Web server dependent and it is a question that can
best be answered on a webserver support mailing list, if not by reading
the manuals for the webserver.

If you do not want to work out how your http server protects these files
there is an easy workaround : put everything in a TAR file, transfer
them by sftp or ftp to a windows machine and view them there without
webserver via the file dialog. You can automate this via cron and you do
not have to dig into http configuration issues. (Naturally you can view
these files on the sarg machine as well provded it has a graphic
workspace and a browser).

Yours,
Jakob Curdes