[squid-users] From one port number to another

From: Peter Bengtsson <peter@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:53:09 +0100

With squid 2.5 I used to be able to do this:
http_port 3128
httpd_accel_host virtual
httpd_accel_port 8680
httpd_accel_single_host off
httpd_accel_uses_host_header on

Now I'm trying to set up a squid 2.6 STABLE4 and some of thos
directives have been dramatically changed. I've been told to use this:
http_port 3128 vhost

But how do I then tell squid to pass on requests on a different port
number and back?

All I want is that squid should do something like this:
http://127.0.0.1:3128/Something/Else/
-->
http://127.0.0.1:8680/Something/Else/

Shouldn't be too hard.

BTW, is there a Configuration Manual for Squid 2.6 anywhere? I can
only find for 2.4 and 3.0

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com