[squid-users] squid Complex Configuration

From: Elie Hachem <elie.hachem@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 12:25:31 +0200

I have to setup a squid proxy server on my wan office.
 the current configuration or setup for internet is actually 2
internet conections ;
 1- set up on a linux 9.3 (isp regular connection)
 2- set up on a windows xp Proxy machine (DVV connection)

 on the wan pc's network configuration is set to be gateway machine 1
 and in the browser the proxy settings for machine 2

 and still machine 2 has for gateway machine 1 .

 I have actually 2 solutions ;
 1- installing a new machine (suse 10.0) with squid behind the 2
others taking proxy from machine 2 and as gateway machine 1
 or
 2- installing the new machine t(suse 10.0) with squid behind just Machine 2

 actually i prefer if the first solution works.

 I've installed the new machine and using webmin i've been able to
setup the connectio using as gateway Machine 1 every thing worked
smoothly. the think is that i need the proxying of machine 2 coz the
connection is much faster.
 i've tried the sibling and parent configuration but no luck.
 i am really stuck
 Any ideas will be great.

Elie Hachem