[squid-users] Reverse proxy related

From: Mohamed Navas V <abusam@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 13:57:32 +0400

Hi,

I am using squid 2.5, and confused with the function of
"httpd_accel_host virtual" and "cache_peer" in the reverse proxy
setup...

In my Case we have 2 squid boxes clustered and a public IP , and we
will register the initial URL for this one like proxy1.abc.com. and
4-6 backend servers. Internal DNS is running for these backend
servers.

From the client side web browser how can they access to respective web
servers with the initial URL of squid server as http://proxy1.abc.com
? I don't have any problem with single backend server with the entry
in config file "http_acel_host IPaddress of server",
http://proxy1.abc.com will redirect to this web server.

thanks,

Br
--Navas