Re: [squid-users] Stuck - Tproxy+WCCPv2 Layer2

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 14:23:31 +0800

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006, Shaun Skillin (home) wrote:
> I haven't tried with tproxy, but I did get the same error message on my
> 3550. I just changed the forward method to L2 and return method to GRE
> (just as the switch asked for) and it's working (though no idea why
> Cisco wants different methods).

I've managed to get WCCPv2 working on my 3550 with the suggested Cisco
config (basic wccp stuff, stick proxy on a routed interface rather than
through a SVI one.) Its a switch at heart so IIRC L2 redirection is
(mostly) done in hardware.

Just ignore the 0'ed counters inside "show ip wccp " commands and it
should all be just fine. :)

adrian