[squid-users] Squid as internal cache

From: Jeetendra Mirchandani <jeetum@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 11:46:20 +0530

Hi,

I am planning to use Squid as an internal cache between the website and
other internal data sources(that serve out xml). Squid is to cache this
internal xml.

Can someone point me to docs/info about the following:
1. Is every response written to disk before serving it out? If yes, is
there any option of delayed write?
2. Is there an option to increase the in-memory cache by plugging in
something like memcached?
3. Is there a in-memory-only option?

Factors I am interested in are:

1. High performance. order of 100-200ms response times for cached
requests (i can give it any kind of memory). I want this at high
throughput, of the order of 50-100 tps.

2. not-so-perfect persistent cache. I am ok to loose an hour worth of
data if a machine crashes

--
Thanks,
Jeetu