[squid-users] Setting up to design a proxy server

From: George Levy <glevy@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 16:39:46 -0700

I am a beginner in this field. I intend to get Linux and Squid, to
design a proxy server but I am at a loss to pick the right version. For
example Linux can be obtained free on the web, or a CD for $32.75. On
the other hand the Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS
<https://www.redhat.com/apps/commerce/open/as.html>
which is meant to run on a server costs $2499.00 a price I cannot
afford. Could you please tell me what the simplest and best tools for
this job would be. Could I run the low cost version on a desk top that
will operate as a proxy? Thank you

George