[squid-users] Graphing bandwidth savings in bits per second

From: Tom Warren <funkknob@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:47:46 +0700

I'm looking to graph a number of metrics on my Squid cache using
Cacti, and of course all my existing bandwidth graphs for other
devices are in bits per second. I'd like to know if the following
formula is correct for making the conversion:

(cacheHttpOutKb - cacheServerInKb) * 8192 = Bandwidth Saved in bits/sec

... I'm assuming the SNMP query is returning KiloBYTES; is this all correct?

Regards,

Tom