Re: [squid-users] Re: Forward requests to local copy of website

From: Christoph Haas <email@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:33:40 +0200

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 14:19, Yonah Russ wrote:
> I'd like to set up Squid to forward requests for our production
> websites to our local development sites.
>
> For example, when using the proxy, all requests for company.com,
> www.company.com, cache.company.com, etc. should go to the machine
> 10.1.1.1
> If possible, I want to be able to select a port as well.

They are called 'redirectors':

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-15.html
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidRedirectors
http://www.squid-cache.org/related-software.html#redirect

> Once this is working I want to set up multiple instances where each
> instance will point to a different development server.

Redirectors are pretty in common in reverse proxying scenarios where
virtual hostnames are distributed to several internal servers.

> One caveat, I don't want the sites to be cached- it's important that
> the latest versions are always seen.

That's something different but of course possible. See "no_cache".

 Christoph