Re: [squid-users] No access to www.bundessortenamt.de via Squidproxy

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 16:35:55 +0200

ons 2006-10-11 klockan 14:18 +0200 skrev Jens Strohschnitter:

> out users can't get an access to the url: http://www.bundessortenamt.de
> through the squid-proxy (Version 2.5.STABLE5). In the logs I can't find
> any error. When I try to access the site without using the squid, the
> page will be displayed.

The most likely cause is broken TCP/IP firewalls, usually ECN or
timestamps related issues. Could also be window scaling causing
problems.

But it's also possible that maybe it's caused by some long forgotten bug
in that very old Squid version (or maybe a missing workaround for bugs
in other equipment). Current supported Squid version is 2.6.STABLE4.

For information about ECN see the FAQ.

As others have already said, the first test is to try to reach the site
from the Squid proxy server but without using Squid, using any kind of
browser running locally on the proxy server. This will tell you if the
problem is TCP/IP related, or if it's a Squid problem.