Re: [squid-users] HTTPS/HTTP relaying with squid

From: Tolga Dalman <tdalman@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 09:06:06 +0200

On Wed, Oct 11, 2006 at 10:08:55PM +0200, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > I want to install a relaying server, which accepts HTTPS connections
> > and translates them into HTTP requests on another server.
>
> This can be done with the https_port directive in Squid, setting up
> Squid as an https accelerator for the http server.

Could you briefly explain, how such a configuration must look like ?
Say, my setup consists of the two servers "squid" as https frontend
and "apache" as Webserver internally listening on Port 80. After reading
the documentatin at

  http://www.visolve.com/squid/squid30/network.php#https_port

I still do not know how to set up the relaying. The example provided
with this example is unfortunately not sufficient.
Henrik, can you give me some more pointers ?

Best regards
Tolga Dalman