Re: [squid-users] Fixed--Re: [squid-users] access.log no longer functioning, after --with-large-files

From: Peter Smith <peter.smith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:32:18 -0500

Yes, I do agree that that is a good thing to do before installing. I had
not actually looked at them, although I did look for them. Apparently I
did not look well enough. Unfortunately they do not mention the fact
that the default is changed (actually, now there is no default.) The
*only* reason this is interesting is that access logging is a critical
feature of Squid. I would have expected mention of the *removal* of the
default to be a "Key change from squid 2.5".. It is too bad it only
mentions "even greater customization". Oh well, I'm satisfied
regardless, and thankful for your response.

Peter