Re: [squid-users] wpad.dat (proxy.pac) and testing

From: Peter Smith <peter.smith@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 15:41:28 -0500

Simply telnet to your webserver's port 80 and make a request like the
following.

GET /proxy.pac HTTP/1.0<enter>
<enter>

Be sure to actually hit your ENTER key there--twice--where I have
"<enter>". You can also request "/wpad.dat" in place of "/proxy.pac"
.. You should anticipate serving both files (as you've mentioned already.)

The response, on my systems, is similar to the following.

GET /proxy.pac HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.1 200 OK