Re: [squid-users] TCP_MISS:DIRECT problems with http_accel configuration and cache (help please)

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:15:34 -0800

Benno Blumenthal wrote:
> You have a line
>

> no_cache deny QUERY
The default squid.conf has an ACL...

acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?

...which matches content from cgi-bin directories, and anything with a
question mark in the URL path (get request with parameters). The
no_cache deny QUERY tells squid to not bother with caching any requests
that match.

> I believe that implies the next line is
>
> no_cache allow all
Which is what you want. It's counter-intuitively named, but that's the
way it is. It made sense to someone.

> Which would kill caching.
>

> I think so, anyway. Safest thing to do is be explicit about
>
> no_cache deny all
>
> at the end of your no_cache section.
>
> Benno

The safest thing is to not mess with the squid.conf file without reading
the comments...

# TAG: no_cache
# A list of ACL elements which, if matched, cause the request to
# not be satisfied from the cache and the reply to not be cached.
# In other words, use this to force certain objects to never be
cached.
#
# You must use the word 'DENY' to indicate the ACL names which should
# NOT be cached.
#
#We recommend you to use the following two lines.
acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
no_cache deny QUERY

:o)

Chris