[squid-users] reverse proxy and squid 2.5/2.6

From: Paolo Biancolli <paolo.biancolli@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:56:00 +0200

Hi all,

Is it possible to set up a reverse proxy with squid 2.5 or 2.6 to receive
https requests on port 443 and have squid make the new request to the actual
web server also using an ssl connection.

My current understanding of the reverse proxy set up, and that is with 2.5
and which may also be wrong, is that squid receives the https request from
the browser terminates the connection and re-establishes the connection with
the web server using http. The problem I am experiencing with this setup is
that the web servers on the internal network are expecting an https
connection on port 443 and when it comes through as an http request, the
deny the request.

Is there any work around to this problem. Any help is greatly appreciated

Regards
Paolo Biancolli