RE: [squid-users] Fine Tuning - Suggestions If you would..

From: Nguyen, Khanh, INFOT <nguyenkt@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:15:39 -0400

I would suggest you analyze the cache.log to see which objects are
responsible for miss, size of object, TTL of the object, do you have
many objects with query string. If so, should they be cached? Do you
want to cache object which does not have TTL? (currently your squid.conf
does not cache this type of object). It is better to start with
understanding your traffic, user behavior and what you can compromise in
term of object's freshness to gain saving. The higher hit rate and
longer the object stays in cache, the better of saving.

Regards,
Khanh