Re: [squid-users] half_closed_clients setting for CONNECT-type proxied connections

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:14:16 +0200

tor 2006-10-19 klockan 19:36 +0300 skrev Antti S. Lankila:
> Squid version: 2.5.12.
>
> I have identified that the half_closed_clients setting does not apply to
> connections proxied using the CONNECT method in the proxy.

Well.. CONNECT is only defined for tunneling of SSL via the proxy. Other
use is technically speaking protocol abuse, or at minimum undefined.

Specifications (RFC2817) says on the symptoms you experienced:

   If at any point either one of the peers gets disconnected, any
   outstanding data that came from that peer will be passed to the other
   one, and after that also the other connection will be terminated by
   the proxy. If there is outstanding data to that peer undelivered,
   that data will be discarded.