Re: [squid-users] Testing Squid-2.6S3 with COSS (tmseck@netcologne.de)

From: Thomas-Martin Seck <tmseck-lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 16:19:22 +0200

* Odhiambo WASHINGTON (odhiambo.raburu@wananchi.com):

> * On 21/10/06 16:45 +0200, Guido Serassio wrote:
> | Hi,
> |
> | At 16.19 21/10/2006, Odhiambo WASHINGTON wrote:
> | >beastie# less /usr/local/squid/logs/cache.log
> | >2006/10/21 17:15:26| Starting Squid Cache version 2.6.STABLE3 for
> | >i386-portbld-freebsd6.1...
> |
> | For a working COSS support you must use at least STABLE4 or the
> | latest daily snapshot.
>
> In this particular case, I prefer to use FreeBSD ports. So I am Ccing
> the port maintainer just to nudge him about STABLE4.

I'll take the blame. I had in fact prepared an update back in September
when I noticed that S4 had been cut but at that time I was irritated by
the fact that the S4 tarballs were neither signed nor had shown up on
the FTP servers. I meant to ask on the squid-dev list what this was
supposed to mean but real life came in the way and I could not devote
much time to FreeBSD porting during the last couple of weeks and
promptly missed the deadline for the FreeBSD ports freeze. But I just
checked and it looks that signature and tarball are now present on the
FTP master site so this will can no longer serve as an excuse for me to
not update the port -- however, since the FreeBSD ports tree is
currently frozen, I'll have to wait until it is at least partially open
again; I will then submit a maintainer update that will include the most
of the changesets plus an updated ICAP patchset.

Best regards,

--
Thomas-Martin Seck