[squid-users] Squid - 2.5 Stable 12 + Internet Explorer problem with specific https site

From: Finnur Örn Guðmundsson <fog@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:23:42 +0000

Hi,

I'm having the weirdest problem. A developer at my workplace was
developing a web application and deployed it to his development servers
for testing. He called me up earlier and asked me if our proxy was
broken. I went on to check the problem:

If i run Internet Explorer 6 with our proxy on and go to this page:
https://www-vyre4-test.icelandair.co.uk/home/book-a-flight/giftcertificate and press the continue button and then the back button on the next page a few times...2-3 times to be exact (i go back and again press continue) the browser just hangs and if i wait for about 3-4 minutes without doing anything it comes back to live. If i do the exactly same with Firefox it does not have the same problems.

Has anyone had similar experiences with some SSL sites ? ..This also
happens with Squid 2.6 Stable3 but work ok with Squid 2.5 Stable 6! :)

--
Kær kveðja / Best regards,
Finnur Ö. Guðmundsson