[squid-users] squid + icap ... a couple of questions

From: Travel Factory S.r.l. <mc8647tv@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:49:54 +0100

Hi to everybody.

We've been using Trend Micro products for several years and we'd like to test some others, like, just to say, Kaspersky. This one needs an icap-aware squid... something we are not confident with....

So I started to look for informations and I found the patchset that "should" apply to the 2.6 branch but actually they fail with trunks not applied.

So I went to cvs and checkout icap-2_6 (from sourceforge... or should I use cvs.squid-cache.org?) but since I'm not very good at cvs I'm not able to understand when the last merge from 2.6 development was done: in short terms, I'd like to know if icap-2.6 is aligned with code in the stable4 or ... when ? How to discover this information ?
I believe that this is the version to use.... isn't it ? Or which version icap-capable do you suggest to use on a production server ?

Out of curiosity.....I saw a really large number of tags and branches (something that should be normal in such a big and long running project) but it is a little confusing to me: which are the tag names of stable releases ?

Thank you,
Francesco